Fatigue With Hepatitis C Combination Therapy
Many people experience fatigue while taking combination therapy for their hepatitis C. They may also have difficulty concentrating and remembering things. Both peginterferon and ribavirin can contribute to feeling tired and having very little energy. Doing light to moderate exercise and getting plenty of rest can be helpful in overcoming fatigue.
Feeling tired or weak is a common side effect of hepatitis C combination therapy. Hepatitis C combination therapy may also cause people to have very little energy. People with fatigue may also find that they:
- Have a poor memory
- Have difficulty concentrating
- Are irritable
- Do not feel like being active.
Both the peginterferon and the ribavirin can make you feel this way.
To help improve your energy level, you may want to try:
- Drinking at least 10 to 16 glasses a day of water, clear juices, or other drinks that do not have caffeine in them
- Going to bed one hour earlier than usual
- Not working overtime at work
- Doing light to moderate exercise, such as walking, for 30 minutes a day
- Taking your injection a few hours before bedtime.
Getting enough rest is an important part of overcoming fatigue. If you have trouble sleeping, you can talk to your healthcare provider about taking a sleeping pill.
By doing these things, you may be able to improve the way you feel.