To take care of yourself and make the most of your treatment program, there are a few things you might want to remember. One of these is what we call the ABCs of hepatitis care:
* A -- Analgesics. To help reduce side effects, take Tylenol® with your injection.
* B -- Bedtime administration. Take your injection at night a couple hours before going to bed.
* C -- Conserve energy, and get plenty of rest. Also, getting enough exercise can help you have more energy.
* D -- Drink fluids. You will need 10 to 16 full glasses of water or juice every day.
* E -- Eat a balanced diet.
* F -- Focus on the positive. Your treatment program is a short-term investment for a possible long-term health gain. So though it may be difficult at times, try to keep a positive attitude.
Also, remember that hepatitis C and alcohol do not mix. To keep your liver healthy, you shouldn't drink ANY alcohol while on therapy, and even after the treatment program ends.
Keep your medications out of the reach of children. They could poison or even cause death if a child were to take them.
Finally, both men and women should use two forms of birth control while on therapy, and for 6 months afterwards.