Your treatment program can be divided into 5 different stages:
• Stage 1 -- which is before you begin your hepatitis C treatment,
• Stage 2 -- the first 3 months of your treatment program,
• Stage 3 -- months 4 through 6,
• Stage 4 -- months 7 through 9, and
• Stage 5 -- months 10 through 12.
In each stage of the treatment, there is a slightly different focus. Stage 1 can be called the INFORMATION stage. Stage 2 is the ACTION stage. Stages 3,4, and 5 can be called the BLOCKING, CONTROL, and DESTINATION stages. Though each stage may have a slightly different name and focus, they all contribute to the main goals of taking care of your liver, and removing the hepatitis C virus from your blood.
Let's talk more about the stage of treatment you are currently in, or will begin today.