When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with INCIVEK include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is normally taken by mouth two times a day for 12 weeks.
- Doses should be taken 10 to 14 hours apart.
- INCIVEK should be taken with food that contains about 20 grams of fat.
- Make sure to take this medication at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine unless your healthcare provider tells you to do so. Missing doses of INCIVEK can increase the chance of the virus becoming resistant to the medication.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard recommended dose of INCIVEK. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click INCIVEK Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of INCIVEKJust like any medicine, INCIVEK may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of INCIVEK include but are not limited to:
(Click INCIVEK Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)