Hepatitis C Home > Seniors and Hepatitis C Treatment
It is believed that side effects from the drugs used to treat hepatitis C may be more severe in seniors than in younger patients. There are also many factors that may influence your chances of having a successful treatment. These factors include things like:
- Your race
- Your gender
- Other health problems you may have
- Any other medications you are already taking.
Your healthcare provider will also keep in mind:
- What type of hepatitis C virus you have
- The amount of the virus in your blood
- The amount of damage already done to your liver.
Depending on these factors, your healthcare provider may or may not recommend combination therapy for your hepatitis C. Because every person's situation is different, you should discuss your treatment options with your healthcare provider and then decide together what is best for you.