Hepatitis C Home > INCIVEK
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with INCIVEK include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is normally taken by mouth two times a day for 12 weeks.
- Doses should be taken 10 to 14 hours apart.
- INCIVEK should be taken with food that contains about 20 grams of fat.
- Make sure to take this medication at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine unless your healthcare provider tells you to do so. Missing doses of INCIVEK can increase the chance of the virus becoming resistant to the medication.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard recommended dose of INCIVEK. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Side Effects of INCIVEKJust like any medicine, INCIVEK may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.