Feeling tired, weak or having very little energy is another side effect of combination therapy. People with fatigue may also have poor memory, irritability, difficulty concentrating and generally feel lazy and inactive. Both the interferon and the ribavirin can make you feel this way.
To help your energy level, you should try to:
· Drink at least 10-16 glasses of water, clear juices or other drinks that DO NOT have caffeine
· Go to bed one hour earlier than usual
· Do not work overtime at work
· Do light to moderate exercise, such as walking, for 30 minutes a day
· Take your injection just before bedtime. If you have trouble sleeping, you can talk to your doctor about taking a sleeping pill.