Side Effects of PegasysJust like any medicine, Pegasys may cause side effects. Most people using this drug will develop some sort of adverse reaction. In many cases, such problems are merely bothersome and not usually dangerous. In other cases, the side effects may be so severe or dangerous that the medication must be stopped.
Some of the most common side effects seen with Pegasys include but are not limited to:
- Fatigue or weakness
- Muscle aches
(Click Pegasys Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsPegasys may react with several other medications (see Pegasys Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider before using this medication if you have:
- Depression or other mood or psychiatric disorders
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Thyroid problems
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Interstitial nephritis
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Lung problems
- High triglycerides
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Pegasys and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Pegasys and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Pegasys Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)