Pegasys Warnings and Precautions
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any medical problems, such as diabetes, lung problems, or psoriasis, before starting treatment with Pegasys. Other warnings and precautions involve possible drug interactions that may affect you and an increased risk for developing problems like depression, infections, or heart problems. Understanding these safety issues before using this medicine can help ensure a safe treatment process.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Pegasys® (peginterferon alfa-2a) if you have:
- Interstitial nephritis
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Lung problems
- Depression or other mood or psychiatric disorders
- Liver disease, such as liver failure or cirrhosis
- Thyroid problems
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- High triglycerides
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
In addition, tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.